Monday, April 09, 2007

FRAUD - Pet Peeve Alert

Last week our bank issued new debit cards from a new processing company. Since that time we have received at least one call a day verifying our credit card transactions. A lot of them are online transactions that we do monthly. So Friday, our blockbuster online transaction came through and they called to see if it was fraud. I said no, that is a legitimate charge. She said OK.

Fast forward to Sunday night when Sam went to Wal-mart to get gas in his truck and they declined his card. Needless to say, he was pissed.

So after twenty minutes on the phone this morning, they had forgotten to release our card.

I want to know how long we have to go through this. If they put a hold on my card every time I make an online purchase I am going to be mad. Internet shopping is just a way of life.

3 comments:

Lilian said...

I'm sorry for your frustrations JoLynn! I can totally hear your voice as I read this!!!

Tracy said...

Bastards.

Joe said...

What a pain in the neck! Hopefully they get it fixed. Otherwise, you might try using paypal's virtual debit mastercard for your purchasing. If you get paypal cleared then future purchases will fall under that name. Just a thought!