Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Big Changes

So, last week on Thursday, I interviewed for a new job. The job is teaching on the college level. It is at a technical college and I would be teaching Accounting, Computer Applications, Microsoft Office. Friday, they called and offered me the job. Monday morning I started teaching. I love it so far. As a matter of fact, I am in class right now and my students are working on their assignments.

Monday night at 8:00p, Sam promoted to Lieutenant at the fire department. He will now be in charge of his own crew. More money, but unfortunately for Sam, more paperwork.

The kids went back to school on Monday. Mason to 5th grade and Morgan to 3rd.

It has been an exciting week!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such big changes in the Hightower house! I hope you aren't so busy we don't hear from you. Congrats to Sam from all of us. Of course to you too ! My babies are growing up. Love you all!!

Tracy said...

It has been an exciting week - congrats to everyone !!

Courtney's Cabana said...

Congrats to both you and Sam!

Anonymous said...

Congrats to Sam! (minus the paperwork) ;)

How exciting for you to have a teaching job... are you just doing that to earn some extra money and keep yourself occupied while the kids are in school? How neat that you can blog during class ... hee hee :D

Lilian said...

WOW!!! Sounds like things are really changing around your place! I'm so happy for you!! You will be and AWESOME teacher! You have such a great personality!

Celeste said...

Wow girl! Those are some big, AWESOME changes! Are you teaching at the same school your were already working at? Congrats to your hubby!

Nicole *Ü* said...

Congrats to both of you on the new jobs!! I hope they work out well for you and your family!!